Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Title...What title?

Well it's Friday here in Pharlap's land. I feel kinda guilty. I haven't gotten any stitching done for a couple weeks. That is a bit odd for me. But with the move and all that has been going i feel that i needed the break. I feel good and ready to jump back in the game!

Today we took my DS to the playground today. I am relieved to say that it went better than it did yesterday. Each day is getting better so i am keeping my fingers crossed. Today we were able to play outside without him crying once we left the house, in fact, he didn't want to go back in and stayed outside in front of the house running around for a while. He was pretty ok at the playground too. He cried a little, but was able to play and slide and giggle. He even went on the jungle gym when other kids were on there, which is not a normal act for him. He was very tenative, but he did it. I think part of the problem too is the fact that the other kids there are very vocal and he is quiet. Plus everytime he gets in the tunnel they have there there is some little kid yelling and screaming at one end. They are only doing it because they are playing,but he isn't used to it. It pretty much freaks him out, he has no clue why they are yelling at him. This will come with time i am sure.

I just need to relax and help him grow. Hopefully Gymboree will go well this thursday. I think he would enjoy it if he would ever calm down.

I have more unpacking to do this weekend, but hopefully i will get some stitching done. I am so excited though! I finally got my craft cabinet fixed up and everything out to see. I am still sad when i think about the pieces that were lost last year, especially the ones that my mother did since i lost her when i was younger, but i am happy to see that i have what i have. I feel like i need a fire proof safe for everything, i don't think i could take losing the rest of my stash. Before i had a ton of stuff, now i don't have even half of it. All that money...*sigh* But on a brighter note with a bit of unknown enabling by a fellow stitching blogger, i have found the fun of e-bay and am happily buying away. Now that i have everything right in front of me i can now stop wondering what i have and what i need to re-buy.

I won an auction for some Waterlilies and a couple of kits. Hopefully i will get them soon.

I also can be blamed for enabling a co-worker. A friend of mine here completed a freebie heart for her beau for Valentine's Day and is now hooked! She now has a Dimensions kit and has done a great job of getting started. I love having someone to talk to about it. I don't get to chat alot with others about stitching. I love reading the bulletin boards, but i never feel that i have anything to add to any conversation. I feel that everyone knows so much more and that is so very helpful, but i never want to talk i feel silly.

Have a great week everyone. I will be back on Thursday!

No comments: