Sunday, March 13, 2005

Driving, Thinking, etc...

Now that we have moved and live much farther away from work. I have a bit of time before coming into work in the car. Since the radio stations here are something to be desired, i have taken to listening to the player that my DH felt i needed to have. He has uploaded a ton of songs for my to listen to, which is stellar since i have weird tastes and can't stand listening to commercials. He also has music on it since when we travel in the van, DS has to watch DVD's or it is a miserable ride for all. So instead of listening to Elmo, Blues Clues, etche puts this on and is happy. I normally stitch or read so i don't notice the DVD.

In any case, tonight on my drive in i started thinking about my life and how it is totally off the path i thought i would be following when i was younger. For one i am not a surgeon, two i am married and have kids (something as a teenager and into my early twenties i swore i would never do), three i am not riding at this time and i never thought i would find a day where i wasn't on the back of a horse. So while i am thrilled to be a mother, i miss terribly riding and working with horses. I miss though the barn that i used to be a part of. I don't miss what the barn and all of the politics has become. I remember a time when the kids were happy and fun to be around. Now they are moody, snobby and just plain lazy. Now i am not stereo-typing all kids into this category, but there are several out there that just make it plain no fun to be there. In turn the barn i used to be a part of for over twenty years is gone and in its place is somewhere i find myself avoiding. I think that is sad.

So i am hunting for a new barn. I know having been to probably every barn in my area and knowing most of the people involved in the business here, that it won't ever go back to the way it was. I just want someplace to enjoy my horses again. Someplace my sons can have fun in and learn to love the sport for the same reasons i did/do....

No comments: