Saturday, April 24, 2004

The Friday Five

A set from the Archives again this week - originally posted 12/19/2003:

1. List your five favorite beverages.

Milk
Water
Ginger Ale
Hot spiced apple cider
Naked - 100% juice

2. List your five favorite websites.

TWBB
FoodTV
ABC Stitch Therapy
Various Blogs i follow
ESPN

3. List your five favorite snack foods.
Hot Fries
Slices of Monterey Jack Cheese
Fruit of any kind
Popcorn
Peanut M&M's - mainly at that TOTM

4. List your five favorite board and/or card games.
Trival Pursuit
Clue

Sadly i don't play a lot games so that is all i can think of

5. List your five favorite computer and/or game system games.
Disney Trival Pursuit
Mah Jong
Rumble Cube
DVD game - Scene It!

umm.. that's about it as well for the puter games, i tend to not play much.

With that said I will move on to my main post. Today was a pretty good day. I had a great time jumping the mare i am showing this weekend around at the Indoor Arena and am only slightly apprehensive about showing. The mare has a tendency to scare herself and since we didn't jump anywhere near the height that i will be jumping tomorrow I am a little worried about it. But i have dealt with worse so i should be ok. I haven't had show ring nerves in years! But this show is costing me a fortune and i am not getting to do a lot of showing so i am definitely not thrilled about that. It will make my getting back into any sort of showing pattern stall since we need the money to go elsewhere. I am going ahead with this only because i have saved some money so i won't be flat broke, but i will be close to it for the next little while.

I saw a lot of people at the show that i haven't seen in forever! It is so great to catch up with friends that you haven't seen in a while, but then i started realising that i am a bit selfish. I want to know things that have been happening with them, but i seem to talk about myself more. What is this a personality default? I couldn't believe my cheek. I guess it is because i am so comfortable around the barn crowd having practically been raised in the show circuit, but still i can't believe how much i drew the conversation back to me. I am appalled to tell you the truth. I have to work on this. When did this happen anyways?!?!?!

Inspired by a few of the blogs that i follow i have decided to list all of the projects i have kitted up. Now i would list all my WIP's, but really the list going to the right of this text is really all that i have started. While i want to start other things, i have this deep sense of guilt as i know i have deadlines on a few pieces. I just can't bring myself to start anything new. Of course i had never heard of rotational stitching of having more than one piece going at a time until the evil enabling TWBB. But here for the record are the projects i have kitted; fabric, floss (cotton and specialty), charms, beads and all. Now i may have missed one or two, but this is as complete of a list as you will find anywhere:

Mother Goose - Bucilla
Mystery IV - Chatelaine
Brillant Butterfly Celebration - Dimension
Butterflies in Flight - Dimension
Christmas Countdown - Dimension
Count the Stars - Dimension
Cute Baby Hugs bibs - Dimension
Equestrian Duo - Dimensions Matted
Garfield - Dimensions
Here comes Santa Treeskirt - Dimensions
Sacred Connection - Dimensions
Sleigh Ride - Dimensions
Wild Rush - Dimensions
Frederick the Literate - Dimensions
Gargoyle - Homemade
Olde World Map - Janlynn
Black Magic - Just Nan
Christmas Peace - Just Nan
Gingham Christmas - Just Nan
Icy Hill - Just Nan
Three Champions - Lanarte
Angel of Hope - L&L
Celtic Spring - L&L
Firefly Faires - L&L
The Bride - L&L
The Wedding - L&L
Rocky Mountain Christmas - Marty Bell
Cruisin' - Mickey Mouse/Leisure Arts
More Mill Hill kits than i care to list
Newborn Joy - Mirabilia
Crescent Dreams - Mirabilia
Rosebud Lullaby - Mirabilia
Aida - Mirabilia
Angel of New Dawn - Mirabilia (kitted up twice!!)
Autumn Queen - Mirabilia
Cinderella - Mirabilia
Maidens of the Season I - Mirabilia
Midsummer's Night Fairy - Mirabilia
Sleeping Beauty - Mirabilia
Titania - Mirabilia
Winter Queen - Mirabilia
Ice Angel - L&L
In the Arms of an Angel - L&L
Story Time - Pooh and Friends/Leisure Arts (i think)
Diana - Silver Lining
Above the Clouds - TW
Birth Announcement - TW
Egyptian Sampler - TW
Peaceable Kingdom - TW
Romeo & Juliet - TW
Tradewinds - TW
Woodland Fairy - TW
Vermillion Freebie "May's Emerald Fairy"
All four of the animal babies that i am to do for the Operation Teddy Bear

WOW! Some of these came as kits, but the majority i kitted up myself. Each has its own set of floss. Oh my counting these i have 1, 2 ,3... 56 projects kitted up! Oh my! I guess it may be that i have less than others, at least i hope that is the case.

No comments: