Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Just a quick update.

We are all sick with the flu with the exception of M, but he is starting to cough so it will soon be his turn. He was the only one to not get the shot too.

J had to be admitted into the hospital yesterday as he picked up a stomach virus onto of the flu. I am NOT having a good 2007 so far!! Or rather my poor kids aren't. He was dehydrated from throwing up for two days and still running a fever although it wasn't 104 it was 102 most of the time. So he was admitted for fluids and anti-nausea meds. He is out this afternoon and looks better.

D is in the beginning stages of the flu and miserable. He cannot have anything but tylenol or the tylenol with codeine prescribed for the pain after surgery for three weeks. He doesn't sleep much and cries and coughs alot. I know he is completely miserable. Tylenol has never been a pain reliever or helped with a fever in any of my kids, they are Motrin kids. I am getting frustrated with the doctors and the surgeon telling me to ride it out, but get the fever to break and keep him calm. He has a tendency to stop breathing when he gets a cold with congestion. Easy for them to say.

On top of it, i have the flu, my OB confirmed it yesterday. I am supposed to take it easy and be on bed rest to get over it, but that is not possible. Oh yeah and avoid stress. I almost cried laughing when my OB told me this. I am worried about the effects the flu will have on the baby since i just got over the stomach flu thing alittle bit ago. I don't even want to think about what damage i am doing to the poor thing the rate my luck is going this year.

I haven't been stitching mainly because i feel like i have died and someone put me in the wrong body. Also i don't know if you can catch the flu from someone's stitching, but i would be horrified if i sent Annette's piece back and she got sick. So i have let her know it will be a little late while i look for my brain to begin operating again.

If this is what 2007 is going to be like, i request my family be allowed to sit it out.

No comments: