Random Notes
Our guests left today. We had a nice time though and are really looking forward to when they can come and visit again. As much as i missed getting sleep it was nice to get to know DH's cousin and his fiance on a more personal level. Family Christmas with DH's family is entirely too crazy and there are too many people in one place. No one is themselves and with 11 grandchild running around under the age of 6, we moms hardly ever spend time talking. So i loved getting to know his cousin and fiance and they are close to our age so that is nice as well. We are hoping that they can swing another visit in July after the baby is born and when we are planning our housewarming party. I will be off on maternity so i won't be quite as tired. I did ok during the day because we were always busy with something or i was cooking, but i about killed myself driving to and from work. I can't be doing that!
I got quite a bit done on Mermaid of the Pearls last night. I am going to work on her a bit more tonight, then photograph what i have done and post it for Susan to see. I so want to keep the piece and finish it! That is how much i am enjoying it. I am working on the bouquet right now so that Susan can see how far over the design is going to go to the right.
After i ship that piece off next week i will be working on some models i need to finish up before maternity leave. I hopefully will get a chance to get to update my webshots with some new pictures that have been languishing in the camera. So i have actually been getting things done, i just haven't gotten them transfered over.
I have won a few e-bay auctions (i know i swore i would stay away!) for some items to put on my DS's wall in his bedroom and playroom. I got some cool foam letters, numbers and shapes that are about 2"-3" tall and some cutouts to make into a Nick Jr. collage for his bedroom wall. I also got a set of four Baby Einstein flash cards for a steal, which was nice because he is seriously in love with Baby Einstein right now. I have been looking for a large spiral or bound drawing pad, not letter size, but much larger. DS is really into drawing and he is so intent when he does it that it just cracks me up. Every scratch has to be perfect! I bought him some jumbo crayons (although he seems to prefer a pencil right now) and we have regular notebook paper to work on. But he often fills it up fairly quickly so i want a bigger pad for him to use and i would like to keep it all in one place together. I will have to check out the art stores because Walmart and Target are not yielding anything big enough.
Now if only DS would speak!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment