Memories...
I watched a movie today, the title escapes me at the moment, but it involved high school. It got me thinking about high school and if i would ever go back through it again. Given the chance probably not. I wasn't popular, but i don't view that as a reason. I wouldn't go back because nowadays high school and teenagers scare the dickens out of me. My high school experience was filled with the normal ups and downs. No drugs or alcohol or sexual expirementation. I had a boyfriend throughout high school that was in college and while i have always been attracted to someone older i enjoyed cruising around with my friends looking at high school boys. I was teased because i was plump and wore glasses and went through the braces phase. But it wasn't to the extreme and i had known all of these kids i went to high school with throughout most of my childhood. I got good grades and had a great set of friends that i still have to this day. I was involved in the band and that took up a lot of extra time. When i wasn't with the band or practicing i was watching tv or just hanging out with my friends that i lived near. I never ever thought of doing half the things that kids do now. I was never approached about anything and being that i graduated with a fairly small number of kids, never knew of anything going on involving drugs. I know that a couple of kids tried beer as seniors, but nothing to the extent of what i hear about today. So i guess in a lot of ways i lived a very sheltered life. I never regretted anything i did as a teenager, never did anything that my father would be ashamed of me for, never skipped class or did anything that i wouldn't share with any of my kids if they asked.
Still i worry about what my kids will go through in school. How things have gone to the extreme in some cases, the bullying, the drug abuse, etc. I worry that i can't protect them and that they will have problems socially. I worry about this alot. I hope that the values that my DH and i instill in them will carry them through, but i wonder. I know that i can't keep them in a bubble or be over protective that it will only make it worse. I just hope to keep the communication line open and hope that they share with me or my DH things that go on in their life. I hope that they have the same level of respect for us as parents that keeps them from travelling down the wrong path, as i did for my dad. I still have that and it does cause me to think when making decisions. My dad's approval means a lot to me. I know i can't control everything, but i hope that i don't lose my mind by the time all is said and done.
I got a little bit accomplished last night on "Nadia" by Eleanor Marie Designs. Tonight i haven't done any stitching. I am just exhausted from lack of sleep today. I don't want to make a mistake that i have to take out later. Hopefully i get more sleep today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment