Tuesday, February 22, 2005

A Few Things...

Well i have added some new blogs into my ever-growing list on the site. Mainly because while i don't know everyone personally, I am always SO inspired by people's stitching and such. I love seeing how people's pieces are coming along and read about conversions they may have done. I don't post alot anymore on BB's, but i do read a lot of them religiously. I find that sometimes (ok most times) I really don't have anything to add to a post. But i think everyone does beautiful work!

I have start Angel Proclamation - Mirabilia and hope to post some pictures before the hubby and i move to our new home! It will be a week after we move on Saturday until we have internet and cable. So i won't be able to post again until March 6th or so. I will also not be working (if i knew how to post a smiley it would be a HUGE grin here) so that i can completely unpack and organize the house. Also i feel that something is going on with my son. Whether it is a medical issue or something else i don't know, but i am frustrated and worried and i don't know what to do. He cries for no reason and whines it seems like all the time. I am super efficient with keeping him on a schedule and nothing has changed there. He doesn't want to eat and is hungry so that brings up a hassle every time he eats now. He seems to eat better and feel better after tummy drops, but i don't like just medicating him and not knowing why. Also he is waking up and crying for 20-30 minutes at night, much to hubby's dismay and frustration (since i work nights i miss out on this) and it is loud screaming and kicking cries. I am stumped! He used to have an issue when he was born with acid reflux and had to be medicated until he was around 9 months when he seemed to just grow out of it. He wasn't one of those babies that spit up either, he would swallow the acid that came up so we spent a lot of money on antibiotics for double ear infections then as well. *sigh* i was happy to see those days gone. Some of the way he acts now is similiar but there is no tell-tale swallows that the reflux brought on and it just seems to be a ton of gas and intestinal distress. I have been stuck because of the holiday (President's Day) and the fact that i don't want to be known as the mom who runs to the doctor at the first cry. I normally give something 24-36 hours unless a fever is involved or something VERY obvious, but we have had to go with this since Thursday and it has been stressful for all. Especially with packing up to move and getting all the details for closing on Friday done. I know that he is cranky in the mornings because we have to wake him up and switch off cars in the parking lot so that hubby can come to work and it isn't going to get any better. We will have to wkae him up 30 minutes earlier now that we have moved farther from work. I hate it for him, but it does guarentee a pretty nice nap for me later in the morning! :-) I was thinking that maybe he was having a reaction to dishwashing soap...you know how if you eat soap it can make you gassy and give you the runs? Well he doesn't "have" the runs, but he has had WAY more poopy diapers than his normal amount. Today was better, so i am not sure, maybe that was the cause and it has run its course. He was much less fussy and ate well (ok i did give him tummy drops without waiting for him to cry a river) and only seemed to get fussy towards his bedtime. *sigh* i don't know. I am strapped for cash and i don't want to take him in and find that they just jump to the reflux conclusion. I love two of the doctors in his practice, but the others tend to just see the reflux and assume EVERYTHING is related when it isn't. It is possible to move on from there. Of course i did think about the possibility that maybe he is lactose intolerant. The signs are all there, gassy, tight belly (ok but he is a bit of a tubby belly boy so i can't just go by that), etc. But they say that it doesn't show up in kids until they are 3 years old and very rarely before then. If before then it has been from birth. He was breastfed until he was a year and didn't have a problem with my milk or the whole milk he was started on. Now he is just getting a morning bottle, because he wakes up dehydrated and after that he drinks water (filtered) all day from his sippy cup. No juice because he is very hyper and he doesn't need the extra sugar. So i bought some Soy Milk yesterday and gave him his morning bottle with 60% soy and 40% whole, so maybe that helped the cause. I don't know. I will see how he is today and make my decision about the doctor. I am off for the next 10 days so i can fit it in whenever. Hopefully he continues to improve.

My hubby is worried that our son may be Autistic. Now i have done quite a bit of reading on this subject and know several children with this. I just think that he is jumping to this conclusion because DS doesn't speak words yet. We have friends who have toddlers born around the same time as DS or a few months after and they are talking. DS just doesn't seem to want to. He has his own language and speaks it all the time, he sounds out different sounds and says mama, dada. But no words. Now quite a few males on my hubby's side didn't begin talking until they were 3 and older. So i am thinking DS may be following in that pattern. He is very active and has been walking since he was 7 months...way bypassed the crawling stage! I just think that he is concentrating on his motor skills and not so much on his verbal. My hubby seems to think that i should get him around other kids all the time. Easy for him to say! I don't see him doing any of this. He gets off work at 3:00pm plenty of daylight to take him out. Does he? No. I have to either force him to take him out or i take him out and bypass my one chance for a nap of longer than 2 hours before i go to work. It is frustrating because my hubby only wants to sit in front of the TV or the computer. If he is in the computer room then he just sticks DVD"s on for DS to watch until bed. I think he does watch WAY to much TV, but i am too the point that i am exhausted now and this baby i am carrying is already so big that it is taking a huge toll on me. But i try to not let that inhibit my ability to keep DS occupied, but i am guilty of the TV thing too! Bad mommy! I feel like my hubby can't force himself off his a** and take his own son outside and play. Then it is all my fault that the kid has trouble interacting. As if! Now DS is very shy when it comes to other boys, but seems very comfortable playing with girls or going over to them on the playground. I think boys intimidate him for some reason, i am happy that this baby is another boy for that reason. So apparently i have to give up any hope for more than 2 hours of sleep a day so that my son gets play time outside. I signed him up for a free gymboree play class on thursday so that i can see how he is with others. Although i already know he will be intimiadted and will want me just to hold him. I would like to get him enrolled in that on a regular basis since we don't plan on doing any form of daycare just so that he gets the interaction, playtime and no-TV time he needs. I take him outside as much as i can, but there are days at a time that i can't do it.

So that's my life in a nutshell right now. I can't wait for some time off and can't wait to be moved in to our new house. I am glad that i will have time to get settled before the C-Section on the 31st. I am not so happy being a bit away from things being so big right now, but i should be alright.

No comments: