Tuesday, October 05, 2004

I have been working on a post to write for a few days, but in all honesty i am now drawing a blank! That drives me crazy! I have had quite a few finishes in the last few days. I finished my piece for Beth's American theme for the Open RR i am in. I have also just about finished my golf piece for Bobbie Jo's section in the Open RR. Yes, early! I need to get some of these projects out of here to make way for the Caring Wings piece that has to be done by the 17th of Dec for my hubbie's cousin. I haven't stitched on it in quite some time and i need to get hopping on it. Also with my birthday approaching at the end of the month i wanted to have some time to do somethings for myself. Did you know that in all the years i have been stitching i haven't done a single piece for myself or my hubbie? I have plenty of patterns i want to do for myself or him, but i just seem to keep commiting myself to other things. I MUST GET A HANDLE ON THAT! I just can't seem to stop.

It is the same with my spending habits. I am in some serious territory here. I want the big picture, but i can't focus past the picture of now! The whole reason behind getting an apartment for this long was to lower our cc debt. Well my DH has done a great job of that, me *sigh* i have not. I have paid one off (only because i called and closed it), but i cannot stop it seems something is always coming up. My DS is sick, my horse needs a new blanket, new patterns just calling my name whistfully! I can't help myself. I need to commit myself to some sort of shoppers anon! Now with Halloween and Christmas coming up, oh golly that is my season and i have the biggest issues with not buying decorations then. This has to be a disease!

I went through some of my lists of previous stash (before fire) and i had six patterns fully kitted (fabric, floss, beads, sparklies, etc) in double. Now that is a bit out of control. Now my stash is sadly much much smaller and i can see it all. I have the horrible urges (especially at night when i am working and the hubbie is sleeping) to click, click, click my way into some more delightful stash! People in my family never seem to buy what i ask for for my birthday either. I have a wishlist blog for a reason, i am not giving you this because i don't want any of it, i want all of it and i think that there is more than enough on there that everyone should be able to get something on there. *sigh* I love my family, but they are painfully oblivious at times.

In any case, i am going to have to cancel these last two credit cards just to save myself from financial/marital pain! And my DH wonders why i won't let him merge our finances. Could you imagine? I would see the mortgage payment in there and be like OOOOHHHH look at all the extra money!


No comments: