Saturday, August 21, 2004

Some Updates

This has just been a crazy last few days. We have been crazy here at work so i have actually had to WORK! I mean come on people do i look like i want to be here working all night? No! But that has been the case, so my stitching has fallen to the wayside and has been sadly calling to me. I am hoping to pick it up after i finish updating my blog.

The first round of Secret Stitchers is coming to an end. I have really enjoyed giving suprises to my stitcher and i certainly have been spoiled by my SS, who has yet to reveal herself. This last box was filled with Mirabilia's, L&L, hardanger kits, books, and a sampler using Ginnie Thompson Flower thread, which i have been dying to try. I am glad that i took the plunge it has been good for me to be able to spoil someone who enjoys the craft as much as i do. Sometimes it gets lonely being the only one in the house abet the whole family that enjoys it.

I have been working hard to stay on my diet. I am determined to lose this weight before i am pregnant again. Although if hopefully our prayers are answered we will be pregnant by the end of the year, which is by no means time to lose all of the weight, but i will happily accept the consequences!

Right now i am working through comparing my STASH inventory list with what i actually still have left. It is sad to put a mark by something that i had been excited about stitching, but don't have anymore. It will give me a chance to shop some more though which is definitely a good thing. I am beginning to discover all of the different types of fibers out there and am really loving my foray into the silks and fuzzy threads.

I am wanting to make one of those gorgeous beaded scissor fobs that everyone has, but i can't figure out if they are using the invisible thread that you make the necklaces with or what. I am bit too embarassed to ask someone so i will just mess around until i figure it out. I am too terribly shy to come out and ask questions on the BB's sometimes. I feel silly and sometimes i don't feel like i really belong. But i am trying to get over it by posting on various topics and trying to help people out, although many other have a better grasp on the craft and can answer better.

No comments: