Saturday, January 31, 2004

It has been a little while since i have updated this blog. It has not been intentionally, but I have been swamped at work and my home computer has taken an evil turn against me. Not too much has gone on lately. I am about 2/3rds done with Equine Pair, all that I am waiting for is the thread to finish it off. I wasn't able to find anything in my stash to match the exact blue in the border and since it is a gift i don't want to two-tone it. I have plugged away on my Lady Death project as well. A lot of confetti stitching, but i will be starting on the sparklies that i have added to the pattern so that will help make things more interesting.

Major STASH haul today in the mail. Part of my order came from the wonderful people at ABC Stitch Therapy. I received the following out of my order:

* Winter Queen and the specialty threads/beads that go with her
* Newborn Joy - Miribilia as well as the fabric, floss and beads for it
* Crescent Dreams - Miribilia and the beads/charms as well
* It's a Boy - The Silver Lining
* It's a Girl - The Silver Lining
* Secret Garden - Cross my Heart
* Extra Mill Hill petite beads (black)
* Quilt Sampler VII

I am still waiting for the fabric for winter queen. I also got the containers that i ordered from Lee Valley that i saw in a thread on the TWBB. These are going to help organize what little i have in beads and allow me to get more. That company has to be one of the fastest i have ever ordered from. I placed the order for the set of 57 on Monday and here they are at my door on Friday! I love getting mail.

My weekend was pretty uneventful. I spent a lot of time trying to adjust to my son's new nap schedule. He has decided that he does not need to lay down and sleep at his normal afternoon time and instead stays up for another hour, which throws the whole schedule of the day off. But i am learning and adjusting. The only thing is now it takes long to put him down at night and means i don't get a nap before coming into work. Major bummer there. Oh well, everyone says that babies are always changing things on you as they grow. It drives me crazy how stubborn he is. He will be so tired, but will sing and talk to himself for an hour before going to sleep and i can't do anything to get him to stop doing it. He drifts when he is quiet and then two minutes later will wake up talking and singing. *sigh*

We have people coming to look at the house tomorrow (or today rather), hopefully they will like it. Especially since i will not be getting much sleep because of it.

Maybe more stash will come tomorrow and that will more than make up for my lack of sleep, for a little while.

I was noticing that i really don't have a lot in terms of stash, with one exception charts. I wonder if other people are like this. If other people collect either charts or fabric exclusively. For some reason i will order charts like they are going to be discontinued the next day. I should be getting the charms to go with some of these since i know that they can get hard to find. I think that is my new addiction though. The last couple of orders have been me ordering charts, beads, floss, fabric and whatnot. Although i may order the fabric and then i see the chart and floss in my hands and think i want to change the fabric. I really don't have a lot in the way of floss and virtually no beads or fabric. I think that is changing though. I have gotten a few packages of beads and i think i am getting addicted. I also have fallen in love/lust with the Mill Hill kits. I didn't think i would like the perforated paper, but i have actually found it pretty easy to deal with.

Of course, i have other addictions, but right now stitching is in the top spot. When it gets warmer out come my seeds and pots and i will start my veggie garden! Although my husband says i can't have a garden since we are moving and he is not moving all of my pots. But I am determined to have some veggies and herbs to cook with. I am tired of paying a ton of money at the store for what costs me cents to grow.

No comments: