Thursday, January 22, 2004

Ahh Monday. Now some of you, actually probably most of you are saying, "What? What does she mean, Monday? It is Thursday." Well since i work for a company that is manned 24 hours they are also manned 7 days a week regardless of if it is a holiday or not. So For me this is Monday. I work Thursday night to Monday and have Tuesday/Wednesday's off. While that sounds nice, it also means i work most every holiday. In fact I have worked every Christmas and Thanksgiving since i started with the company. Now in this day when the job market is a little unsteady, I am grateful to have a job, but between you and me I hate coming in and working. I feel like i am wasting time. In fact, I did not go to school for this at all. I have an English degree and was (until DS came along) working on my two other majors of Zoology and Biological Studies in which i would then go to veterinary school and then medical school. I would love to specialize in cancer research, combining the tools available to both vets and doctors to help with both. Weird you say? But i actually know of two other people who have done this and they have made such advances in helping with the research and development in cancer patients, both human and animal. That is so important to me. So why am i here? Well i needed the money to keep going to school and so i had to cut down on my hours at school while i worked here and taught lessons at my stables. Then along came marriage and along came surprise...it's a boy! So sooner than expected I was a mother and school is on hold until things settle down on the homefront. I definitely plan to get back in school and finish up. Although i may be in my 70's when i do it.

Today was a good day. I normally try to do very little in the way of leaving the house when it is my first night back at work. I mainly played with DS, watched a so-so movie and worked some on my stitching. I didn't get as far along in Lady Death as I had hoped, but DS is taking shorter naps and requiring more time spent with him when he is awake so I am grateful for what i could get done. I have updated the pictures as i am sure no one will be able to tell where i worked, but right now my system is filling in the blank spots you see. I am almost done and plan on putting the sparklie thread in on my next weekend. I need a break from the greys and whites!

In other stitching news, i spent WAY too much on more stash. I blame it on getting my first order to Herrschners and then of course a very stitcher friendly/enticing website that ABC Stitch has. Well then today i couldn't find a project that i had been working on and i tore the house apart so i had to order another one, didn't i? Plus there was a cute Christmas design i had been meaning to get anyways...

I also started a new book. The Hollow Hills, book 2 of the Arthurian series. This is a pretty good series. I have read a ton of books on the Arthurian history and love reading most of them even though they are mainly the same. I like that time frame alot. I have read a ton of books and have so many books that it is a bit scary. If i had to name an absolute favorite book i don't think i could do it. I have a couple of favorites:

The War between the Pitful Teachers and the Splendid Kids - Stanley Kiesel
( I don't know why but this one always stands out in my head when i think about my
favorit books)
The Mists of Avalon - Marion Zimmer Bradley
The Dragonlance Series - mainly the Dragons of the Seasons Saga
The Pact - Jodi Picoult
The Other Boleyn Girl - Phillippa Gregory

I could on, but it would bore you to tears. Well seeing as i am at work I will have to get something done. So i will end today's post. Off to the TWBB to finish my fun for the night! :-)

No comments: