My garden is a constant source of delight and disgust. My oregano which is normally a virtual weed for me, bit the dust after growing to quite lovely proportions. I haven't replaced it yet, mainly because i am still wondering what happen. Of course i am still wondering this about most of my garden. I have started my seeds for everything no less than 3 times. I have lost numerous exotic flower seeds in this and i just haven't the heart to replant them until i determine what the HECK happened. Normally i have a 100% seed germination rate. This year i have just gotten SO discouraged. I have picked up a few new tips, but i am still hesitant to try growing some of the few flowers i have left. This problem hasn't been isolated to the flowers (which i was trying to grow in hopes of avoiding large bills at the nursery as things reach the end of their season), it has been all of my seeds.
So finally i have gotten a few things to grow:
* Lemon Cucumber
* Butterstick Squash - which apparently was WAY mislabelled and turned out to be just plain Zucchini
* Basil (purple and genovese)
* thyme (plain and orange)
* tomato (Big Boy, Black Pearl, Orange Tangerine and heirloom)
* Pepper (purple and carnival)
* Scallions
* Chives
* Parsley (after the 5th try!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
* Peppermint
This is WAY less than my plan for the year, but i just don't have the bank account to start everything again. Plus M is getting frustrated with all of the soil waste. But if i don't know what is killing my seeds and plants, why would i keep the soil since it could be in that? He doesn't see this though.
I also have a few things growing and have no clue as to what they are. Weeds? Who knows. I am waiting to see what happens with them since they are in pots it will be easy to keep them from everything in else.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment